Director of PT Sekar Laut Tbk, John C. Gozal, is optimistic that the sales target will be met considering the products produced by the company are processed food industries. Among other things, shrimp crackers and chili sauce that can still be accepted by the community.
"The local market turned out to be a lot of our product enthusiasts. Especially now that all stay home so people cook more at home, fry their own crackers at home," he said, Wednesday (1/7/2020).
To encourage performance growth this year, the company will enlarge export markets that previously existed such as in several countries in Europe, South Korea, Hong Kong, China.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, it even tended to increase to 10 percent. So that in the first quarter of 2020 exports contributed 25 percent. "The remaining 75 percent is contributed by the domestic market," he added.
Meanwhile, Production Director of PT Sekar Laut Tbk, Sandiono Sungkono added, to boost sales in the year the company has also prepared two new product items, one of which is chilli sauce.
"The next few months we will issue a new variant. We believe our new product will get a good response from the public," he said. (also read:The Chairperson of Surabaya DPRD Call Risma's Prostrate Action in Form of Apology)
Regarding the performance in 2019, the SKLT-listed company recorded sales of Rp1.28 trillion, an increase of 22.6 percent compared to 2018. Along with improved sales, the company's net profit last year was Rp45 billion or increased 42 percent compared to 2018 profit.
Meanwhile, the company's profit performance in the first quarter of 2020 has reached Rp12.4 billion, an increase compared to the first quarter of 2019 which reached Rp9.3 billion. Although optimistic about its performance, Sekar Laut did not invest this year and chose to be cautious in the uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. "This year's investment was stopped because of uncertainty. So it's better to play cautiously," concluded John