The newly elected president of Desportivo das Aves, António Freitas, assumed to have broken relations with Estrela Costa, shareholder of the company Galaxy Beleviers, which manages the football of the red lantern of the I League.
“Estrela Costa insulted me yesterday (Friday) about the deterioration and the dialogue ended. I will have meetings with other shareholders, but not with this lady, who does not know anything about football. With her, the relationship starts badly, unlike Wei Zhao, president of SAD ”, said the honorary leader of the avenses, on the sidelines of the swearing in.
António Freitas admitted to the Lusa agency on Friday to separate Desportivo das Aves from the administration of professional football, should he find a club in football and financial decay, prioritizing “dialogue” to “see if SAD is complying” with the protocol, under penalty of resorting to “strong lawyers in sports law” to “take off by the law”.
“I admit everything, but the partners are sovereign and I don't want to see Aves in the districts. I just know, as a manager, what I would do if I were in their situation. Let them not think that they will have an easy task, even if the outgoing management, especially in the last year, has been heavily penalized by the attitudes and management of this limited company ”, he evaluated.
The businessman (list B) resumed today the presidency of the northerners towards the 2020-2022 biennium, defeating the current vice-leader for the formation Joaquim Neves (A), with 56.8% of the votes, in the most competitive suffrage in the history of the emblem of the municipality of Santo Tirso, attended by 753 of 1,154 members registered on the electoral roll.
“These elections correspond to an enormous vitality of the club. My history helped to swing a little to my side, but the other list was strong, it was a lot of struggle and was able to put Aves on the right path. I guarantee that in a few weeks they will see better titles in the press to match the name of the institution ”, he added.
António Freitas, 66, returns to the position he held from 1998 to 2001, preceded by the head of two administrative committees, assuming the 10% held by the club since 2015 in the management of professional football, handed over to the investor group Galaxy Believers, owner company of the remaining 90% of SAD avense.
The northerners have gone through a series of sporting, managerial and financial setbacks and occupy the 18th and last place of the I Liga at the entrance to the last six rounds, with only 14 points, many others below the salvation zone, and can go down to the II Liga on Monday, when they receive Moreirense for the 29th round.
The swearing-in of the new social bodies of Desportivo das Aves for the 2020-2022 biennium took place in the club's pavilion, where Armando Silva's farewell was consummated, who dismissed a re-election on May 29, showing himself “thrilled” and proud ”for having“ honored and done the possible and the impossible ”since the 2010/11 season.
“It was a time when I really had to leave. These were good years and I was always supported by the partners. I know that Aves is very well delivered. We have some problems to solve and I believe that António Freitas has more capacity for that ”, he summarized.